Science of the Olympics and Football Freebie | Science in the City

Feb 2, 2014

Science of the Olympics and Football Freebie

I am trying to link up more frequently with Charity Preston's "Manic Monday" which is a huge resource of K-12 free resources.

I want to share with you some of the small things that I'm doing in my classroom.

This week we had a lot of state testing, and I needed something to "fill" at a time when kids were finishing, but some kids were absent.

I created this "Science of the Olympics and Football." Kids loved it!  Mine is focused on life science, but it could easily be modified for a different class.

The activity could also be given for homework or extra credit, and is very timely right now.

It is based on this resource from NBC.

Also, it is a great common core connection.  The videos have transcripts, if you want students to be able to read the transcript.  Text does not have to be only written text in a book.  This is another great tool to build in relevancy, and text analysis skills.



Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

3 comments :

  1. Thank you for linking up this week at Classroom Freebie's Manic Monday'! This is just terrific!
    I also want to thank you for linking up to my TBA's Freebie Friday!!
    I'm following you everywhere!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting! And thanks for the positive feedback!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...